Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Yeah, yeah. I've heard it before

If I've been to your house, odds are, I've driven myself. You've given me instructions. I've followed them, found your house, and thrown the directions away, assuming I won't need them again. I am again invited to your house, but this time, with no help. And odds are, I won't find your house. I might have been there several times, all within the last few months, and still, I'll have a hard time.
I was on my way to a friends house this evening, and of course, as is usual, I took the wrong freeway exit. I get back on the freeway, then have to Google her name to get her address (thank goodness for Google!) so I can find her house. Don't misunderstand-I go to her house at least once a month and still, after a year, I have a super hard time finding it! I don't get it, but at least I understand how dumb I am, so I know to make sure I have her address somewhere.
Now, don't feel bad, friends. I still can't find the airport. I need instructions to get there, but once there are signs on the freeway directing me, I seem to find it ok. I guess I'm just missing the gene to remember these things!
This won't stop me from finding new places, nor will it make me stop visiting people. But if I'm supposed to be at your house, and I'm a little late-don't fret. I'm probably just in the wrong city.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Oh my...I get lost everywhere I go. BUT...now I have my new sweet car...there is no getting lost now!!