Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Well...I have other talents...

I was invited a couple of months ago to a "Stamp & Chat" at Chelle's house. I was hesitant to go, because, well, I have no talent for crafty things, but I went, for funsies, and turns out, it's so much fun! I was nervous to go, because I knew I'd be the dumbest one there, but it was ok. I ask a lot of questions, and I needed to be shown like, step by step, but by the end of the night, I had successfully made 3 cards. And by I had made the cards, I mean, it was a team effort from both Chelle and I, and I think I maybe did 40 percent. Shoot.
I had to skip a couple of months because of previous commitments (which believe me, made me angry at all these things) but finally, tonight, I got the chance to go again. I went early, so that I could make the cards from the previous night, and believe me, I worked myself to the bone. I was a little better this time! I mean, I'm nowhere near where the other people are, but I'm getting there! I feel like in 6 months, I'll be like, halfway there, so I'm working!
My goal is to someday not to have help the entire time. I mean, I know now that I'll never be like Chelle. She's helping, talking, and making her own card at the same time, it's all flowing, like she's not even thinking about it. I, on the other hand, get one part glued, then I have to stop, look at the example, get a verbal explanation, then glue another down. It must be exhausting to have me there, but luckily for me, nobody gets short with me, and everyone leaves happy!
I'm glad that I'm learning how to do this, because it's definitely opening up my eyes and letting me work on getting my craft skills up. I do feel better in my own skill area which is...ok, I'll think of one later, but as of right now, I'm feeling like I could make anything. And I would post a picture of my cards I made, but I think that would take too long, and I'm ready to crash. But maybe I'll post them another time. Because they took me so long, and they look so fab, I don't want to give them to anyone! I want to hold on to them forever.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

That is my worst problem. After making things, I don't want to give them away. That is why scrapbooking is so great; you can keep your layouts and then put fun pictures in too.

Chelle! said...

I love it when you come to Stamp & Chat. I love teaching you how to make cards. I can't wait until you are totally addicted!!