Saturday, November 7, 2009

Who knew?

My beloved RSL has advanced to the next rounds of playoffs! I won't lie, I actually didn't think this would be happen. I mean, getting to the playoffs was big enough as it was, but to have made it farther? There had to be so much things that had to fall into place for us to get there, and when it all did, I was shocked and amazed. I totally didn't expect this to happen!
We played Columbus last Saturday, here at Rio Tinto. It was sort of a boring game, nothing going on, pretty evenly matched, etc. In the 87 minute (or so...) we scored! I couldn't believe it-we went crazy. The next game was last Thursday at Columbus. If you know my RSL boys, you know we do not play well when we're not at home, so of course, I was expecting a loss. I know it's bad to say this, but I'm a realist. Anyway, I couldn't watch the game because I had my evening with Comedy Sportz, but I was being updated by the minute by both my dad and PJ. As I got their texts, informing me that Columbus was up by one, then two, then RSL scored, then another score! We're tied? What the heck! Then, miraculously, we scored again, and won the game! I wish so much that I could have been watching the game, but alas, 'twas not to be.
I'm so psyched we won, and I'm not sure when we play next. We'll play either Chicago or New England, whoever wins the game that takes place tonight. I still can't decide which team I want to play more, but whoever it is, wouldn't it be awesome if we went even further? Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: