Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A reaction is priceless

I have a friend at work, Dirk. (I originally was going to change his name, to protect the innocent, but meh. I don’t really care) He is funny. He’s quick with a joke, he’s witty and pretty clever. But he does A LOT of dumb jokes. He does puns, he does “dad jokes” (you know, the ones that when you hear them, you can’t believe you’re laughing at it for how dumb it is). So many times when he tells a joke, I am mad at myself for the short burst of laughter that escaped from my lips, but then, it’s already happened, so I keep laughing. We’ve recently started doing some ‘bits’ around the office, mostly so we can laugh like idiots, but Chelle also gets the benefit of laughing. Also, she thinks we’re really dumb, which is just funny too.

Here’s a picture of one of the things we do: 

DirkI’ll explain. Dirk will come over to our desks, and holy cow his hand has disappeared! He always has the reason why, he was over-zealous with a knife or scissors or something, or he just slammed it into a door and it came off. I will have the appropriate reaction, I will jump up in shock, will be looking around for it, etc, with a lot of over-reacting, and then after a second, he’ll pull out the hand, laughing that he just played a trick on me, it was up in his sleeve the whole time! Of course, I laugh hysterically, and say that I had no idea, I really thought that the hand was gone! Then we all chuckle while Chelle just laughs and call us dumb.

When I explain it like this, I realize just how dumb it sounds, and it is, but man do we have a good time with it. There are a lot that we do, foot lost (just up in the pants), an arm falling off, (which is just up in the shirt) and so many more. It’s all in good times, and a lot of the time we get a laugh, at the expense of a little of our dignity.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Oh my...I can't even begin to share what I am thinking right this minute. :)