Monday, November 7, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

Today, I woke up before the alarm went off. I couldn’t get back to sleep, no matter how hard I tried. You know, doing the things that you usually do…fake that you didn’t wake up, in case your body can be tricked, I just lay there with eyes closed, not moving, hoping to fall back asleep. I didn’t want to look at the clock, because I didn’t want to know how much time I had before the alarm clock went off. If its too close to the time, usually I just say, screw going back to sleep, I guess I’ll get up. After what seemed like an eternity, I finally gave up and looked at the clock. Yup…4:30. I had at least an hour of sleeping before I had to wake up! So I tried…and tried…and I think I may have fallen asleep for a while. But dang it that I woke up in the first place.

I have finished with a little more of my house painting! Slowly but surely, I will finish it. This weekend, we finished painting the laundry room, and I finished painting the trim in the kitchen. Now all we have left is a stairwell, and a little section in the upstairs. Its so close…so close… I can feel it…

I got my towels back! I came home from grocery shopping on Saturday afternoon, and there they were, just sitting on the couch in the living room. Now, does this mean that they came into my house while I wasn’t there? Yes it does, but I’m not focusing on that, instead, I’m just glad that I got back my few bathroom towels, hand towels, and a few kitchen towels. (Seriously, how did they “not realize” that they had taken this many towels? And what were they doing with my kitchen towels anyway?)

Husband has a cold/flu right now that manifested itself yesterday. I had a tiny cold like, 2 weeks ago, so he claims that I must have given to him, but he’s wrong. He couldn’t really stand up (which means I braved church alone, what up? *high five*) and he was so out of it all day. And he kept cracking “jokes” that he thought were funny, so he’d say one, laugh at it until he coughed, then lay still like he died. And I was trying to be nice, and do things for him, get him things, but I was also avoiding him like crazy to make sure I didn’t catch anything. That’s a tricky line – helpful avoidance. I hope it wasn’t obvious what I was doing.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I am so glad you got your towels back. ;) Also, high five for going to church by yourself. I am so impressed!!! WAY TO GO!!!