Monday, November 14, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

We have come to the time of the year when it’s chilly in the mornings when I come to work. It’s not freezing yet, thank goodness, but I do prefer to have the heater on in my car when I drive now. I blogged a little about this a year or so ago, and I’m still having this problem in my car. Sometimes, for no reason, the heater in my car doesn’t work. It’s not like it’s cold air coming through or anything, its that the heater doesn’t blow. So thank goodness, it doesn’t make me colder, it just doesn’t really make me any warmer, either. When I’m driving fast enough, warm air will blow through a little (I don’t understand that at all) so that’s nice.This morning was another morning in which my heater didn’t work. If I wore shoes, it probably wouldn’t be as big of a deal, but so far, I’m clinging to my flip flops.

Speaking of, since I still wear my flip flops, I still get pedicures. This is my one indulgence for myself. On Saturday, Husband decided to take a nap, and I decided to go get my nails done. There’s something about just sitting there, having someone give me a foot massage and then paint my toes pretty that just makes me feel awesome. I’ve decided, I know it’s almost winter now, because instead of my usual flower that I get painted on the big toe, I now have a snowflake. This is how I embrace the winter, painting a snowflake on my toes. It works out for me. (I was going to include a photo of it, but I couldn’t get a good picture that didn’t make my toes look super ugly. I don’t have very attractive toes)

This past Friday, PJ and I went to Tepanyaki for dinner. I don’t know if you guys have been there (which I’m sure you have) but I love it. A guy cooking my food right in front of me, making jokes and doing awesome things? Yes please! I love when the do the onion stack train. I love the choo-choo and the smoke coming out of it. I love all the pranks that they pull, and just how fun that place is. When we went, we were at a table with a family – a dad with his 4 teens, but they weren’t all that fun. PJ & I are like, egging the guy on, cheering, clapping, which is just how you have to be at these places. When it got near the end, the guy did the normal thing, and had us catch the shrimp in our mouths. I hate shrimp, but when he threw it at me, I caught it! I never catch it! Since I hate hate the shrimp as soon as I had it in my mouth, I quickly drank a bunch of water, and ate something good. Since we were so good at cheering the guy on, he started a little fire in a bowl in front of the two of us, and gave us marshmallows on chopsticks, so we could roast it! It was delicious and awesome.

Yesterday in church, there was a child a row in front, and slightly to the side of me. She had held on to her sacrament water cup afterwards (I don’t know why, but I love when kids do that. Maybe it’s because when I was younger, I was never allowed to hang onto my cup – no matter how hard I tried). For the rest of sacrament, I kept watching her, because she would take her bottle of milk, pour it (pretty slowly, because of the top of the milk) into the little cup, then take a “shot” of it. Then she would do it again. I was dying watching her, I was trying so hard not to laugh. She just kept going, though, until the end. That’s determination, my friends.

I have a problem lately. I am finding way too many recipes of things that I want to bake. So far, I’ve been abstaining from doing all the baking, but today, I am feeling the itch again. Except I just barely made stuff less than a week ago, and I don’t want people to be like, “Dude, is Vieve baking again?” Because I know I do it a lot, but its because there are so many things that I want to make! If only I would stop finding these dang recipes! As of today, I’m trying to decide if I should make these bars…it’s very tempting…I think I might…but I’m trying to decided…Eh, screw it. I’ll probably make them at some point this week.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

What are you going to bake? I love it when you do! I love your miscellaneous Mondays. They are fun to read.

Maleen said...

You say miscellaneous, but what I see is that you used up four days of blogging in one post. Those could each be a story in themselves.

I love pedicures too, and I'm thinking about a snowflake this next time around.

Also, sometimes I bake multiple times a week. There is nothing wrong with that, as long as you share with your friends.