Tuesday, November 29, 2011

This is How I Load

Many many years ago, I bought a cookie cutter set. The 100-piece cookie cutter tub by Wilton. When I moved out of my parents house, there are many things that I just didn’t grab right away, mostly because A: I just plain forgot it existed, and B: I didn’t have the room to take it right then. For example, Thanksgiving was a big day for remembering things I left there. Apparently, (and I hadn’t remembered this at all) I had forgotten some heated hair curlers in the bathroom. I swear I didn’t forget anything in the bathroom, but my brother reminded me that they were there, so I took them. Then, as we were all eating dinner, I looked up at the cupboard, and lo and behold, there are my forgotten cookie cutters!

Wilton *Note – my cookie cutters are only 100, but this is the only picture I could find of it*

I celebrated with a shout of hooray! and we got them down from the top. As I was looking at them, I noticed the lid was off (it’s hard to get the lid back on, with that many cookie cutters in there, you see) and the cookie cutters were all dusty, there were tiny dead fly carcasses, the works. So last night when I was looking at them, I googled to make sure they were dishwasher safe (they were! I was just being cautious) and then I loaded up the washer. There were already a few dishes in there, but I thought I could make all 100 of my cutters fit in there also. And I did! Barely. And with many that were overlapping just a little. But since they were only dusty, I thought it was ok if they were. This is what my top shelf of the dishwasher looked like:

Cookie

Colorful, right? So now they’re all done, everything is washed. I haven’t attempted to take them out yet, fit them back into the tub, but at least they’re clean. I also cleaned the tub, so it’s all shiny and new as well, so I’m excited to see if I can get them all to fit again. And luckily, all the cutters stayed mostly where I left them, there were only a few that fell out and are on the bottom of the washer. But none broke, and none melted. Win!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

Yeah!! Now are you going to make us some delicious cookies? I sure hope so!! :)