Monday, November 28, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

The power button on my iPhone recently broke. On Friday night, it wouldn’t work at all. I couldn’t turn off the phone, I couldn’t lock the phone (I just had to wait for it to go to sleep by itself) so any time I needed to stop using it, I just had to hold it, I couldn’t put it anywhere, lest it accidentally do something. So on Saturday morning, I made an appointment at the Apple Store in SLC, and drove up (by my lonesome, since Husband couldn’t be torn away from his things apparently), and since the Apple Store was running on time (so he said) I only had to wait like 10 minutes! (That’s running on time?!) But it’s ok, I had iPhone, so I got to play games, etc while I waited. Finally a “Genius” came up to me, and I explained the problem. He took the phone from me and said he’d be right back. So then I had to wait…alone…with no phone to play with. It’s been a long time since I’ve had to wait with no phone, nothing to do to pass the time. It was very unnerving. As I was waiting, I thought, I should tweet this out, that I have nothing to do when someone takes my phone, but then I realized, I had no phone to tweet from. It was very strange. Finally he returned (it could have been 2 minutes, it could have been 15, it felt so long!) and told me that he’d unstuck it a little, so it worked now. And then he explained my options to me. Since my phone was no longer under warranty, I could either A: Pay $150 for a replacement phone, B: Pay $200 for an upgraded phone (instead of getting a iPhone 4, I could have an iPhone 4S. Fancy!) or C: I could just deal with the slightly broken phone. Since right now, I have neither $150 nor $200 to get a new phone, I’m with option C. So I’m dealing with it. It’s a little tricky to turn the phone off and on, but at least it sorta works, and I’m trying to see the positive in that. But if it breaks down more in the next little while, I’ll just have to deal with the money loss and buy a new phone. I’m hoping that won’t happen.

I recently saw Savior of the World at the Conference center on Friday. It was amazing – I really enjoyed it. We walked around the Conference center for a little while, waiting for our whole party to arrive. I love that place, it’s just so pretty. Seeing the play was pretty awesome. It started with a prayer – which at first threw me off. But then I remembered where I was, and went with it. It was pretty long for a play, which is fine, but I was a little tired from not having gotten that much sleep the night before, what with Black Friday and all. I encourage everyone to go see this play, if you can. Afterwards, everyone wanted to walk around Temple Square and look at the lights, but Husband and I were pretty drained from the days activities, so we gracefully bowed out. As we filled up the tank with gas, we got some caffeinated drinks, which may have been a mistake. I was sleepy-ish the whole time we drove home, but then after I got ready for bed and laid down, I was WIDE awake for another 2 hours. Curse!

I have some exciting news. Last night, Sunday night, at approx 8:45 PM, I caught up on my TiVo. Since Husband went out of town a few weeks ago, we’ve been at least one week behind on every single thing, but luckily, with this week being Thanksgiving, there’s been nothing on TV, so nothing has been recording. So with a bunch of laying around this weekend too, we got a lot of stuff watched, so we finally caught up. When I deleted the last thing yesterday, I did a little fanfare, and felt really good about myself. Of course, last night recorded some shows as well, which means I’ll never be caught up, but I’m psyched that it’s not full like it was.

And this is a tidbit – people need to go see The Muppet Movie. It was glorious. It’s hysterical. I saw it Saturday night, and I was laughing so hard, I wondered if the people around me thought I was a crazy person. I hope they didn’t, but it was so funny, I couldn’t help it.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

So sad about your iPhone. Even sadder that you had to go by yourself. I am going to see the Muppet Movie this week...I am so excited!!