Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloweeeeeeen!

Ok, everyone, here it is. The month of November. And as everyone knows, as it happens every year, it is now National Blogging Month. I will again take on the task of trying to blog every day. Now to begin this year’s attempt, here is my recap of Halloween.

This year was my first in a new place, where I got to be the one who answers the door and pass out the candy. Of course, I had to get ready for it. So when I got home from work last night, I carved myself a pumpkin.

Pumpkin

I already know that I’m not very good at carving pumpkins, since I’ve only done it once before, but here is my attempt. He’s just a happy guy, ready for the Halloween festivities to start.

I was in a great costume this year, and by great, I mean, I sort of dressed up. For a half marathon that PJ and I ran on Saturday, we dressed up as Power Rangers, because A: Power Rangers are cool, and B: they were really easy to run in still. So I basically repeated the outfit I ran in, just with minor changes.

PowerRanger

The evening was fun, we basically just sat about, handing out candy, and Husband kept trying to scare the kids that came to the door, but I don’t think he was ever really successful. I was just glad when the night was over and we had helped our last trick-or-treater. Happy Halloween (either 1 day late, or 364 days early)!

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Happy Halloween. Your pumpkin looks adorable. I think that we should have a pumpkin carving contest in our department next year.

Maleen said...

Once again, if you had ever invited me over, I would know where you live and then I could have brought my cute kiddos trick-or-treating. Just saying.

Then again, maybe that is the whole point...you don't want me to know where you live.