Friday, November 25, 2011

We be shoppin'

Happy Black Friday! (sing it with me...Black Friday...Black Friday...everyone loves Black Friday...) I am writing to you now, done with the shopping of the day, and pretty tired. Black Friday started a little earlier this year - stores opened at midnight. So at 10:30, we (PJ & I) bundled up, and got to Target at about 10:45, and waited.

The line was huge already. We were pretty far out, even though we were over an hour early. Finally, a pretty chilly hour, and some exciting happenings (my button fell off my coat! It's now lost forever), the doors opened at midnight and we finally made it into the store 15/20 minutes later. We quickly grabbed the things we were looking for (DVD's, mostly) and back out. We went to Best Buy...the line was too long to stand in the cold. We went to Kohls...the line there was so long! We then went to Old Navy...no pants in my size/preference there. :( We went back to Best Buy and success! We got in after minimal waiting, got our items, and out again. We went to Shopko, they didn't have any of the things we had seen advertised. It was a little after 3 in the morning when we all shuffled home, tired and sleepy. (Those might seem like they mean the same thing, but in this case, they do not.)

On the way home, as I was turning off of Center street onto Orem Boulevard, I accidentally (in my sleepy state) turned too early and was on the wrong side of the road! Of course, on that road there's that median thing, so I couldn't just swerve back into my own lane, I had to drive for a bit on the wrong side, panicking the whole time that a car might come and hit us. Luckily, there were no cars - phew!

I went to sleep at about 3:30, then woke up at a little after 9:00. Then Husband and I went shopping at about 10. We went to a few stores, bought an elliptical at Sports Authority (we got such the deal on it! Thank you sales) and then I tried to go to Gap to get some jeans for like, 70% off, but sadly, I was about 15 minutes too late, so I didn't get that deal. :( Apparently this was not my week to get new jeans!

Finally, at about 2:00ish, we came home. After a long day, and a lot of shopping, I was pretty tired. But all in all, a successful weekend. I won't lie, this year wasn't as good as others. I think it's because the shopping all started at midnight, so instead of having overzealous people getting up at like, 3 in the morning to go shopping, everyone was like, dude, I can stay up past midnight, so there were a lot of teens this year, whereas previous years, there are rarely any teens. But I survived, and am here to tell the tale. And some advice - always make sure to drive on the RIGHT side of the road.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I am so glad that you had a fun day. Work was EXTREMELY quiet.