Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Things I Do Alone

This week, I’ve been left alone again by a work-traveling Husband. I gave myself a good to-do list, and then I got to work on it as soon as I got home. I emptied the dishwasher, and I got out my new letters, as I was taking down the WICKED letters, and putting up my GOBBLE. As I pulled my turkey out, I noticed he was missing an eye. Yup, poor guy only has one eye, so my weird cross-eyed turkey is now a weird Cyclops. As I was wrapping up the WICKED letters to put away, I heard a small scratching on the door. At first, it was only for a split second, so I was like, ok is someone there? And then it happened a few seconds later, longer, and I almost died, thinking someone was going to try and break in and kill me, but as I moved the drapes, I saw that it was only Cookie, who had somehow gotten out in my going back and forth from the shed and house, and got locked out. Oops. So I let her back in, and got back to work.

As I was putting up the new letters, I realized, this is usually something that happens when Husband is out of town. It’s not on purpose, but he seems to be gone in the first of the month, which is when I put up the new letters, with the changing season. And I realized this time, that if I was to fall from the ledge as I was doing this, no one would find me, probably, and I could die from the easy fall. I try to be careful always, but accidents are accidents, and happen all the time. So maybe now I should wait until people are home before I try to do dangerous things like that.

No comments: