Monday, November 4, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

This past Saturday, I went to a new store here in Provo. It’s called Pop N Sweets (Or PopNSweets, I don’t know) and it’s actually a lot of fun. They have hundreds of sodas, many different kinds, from all over the world. And they have candy from all over the world, and a lot of old-school ones that I hadn’t seen in a long time. I got 4 different kinds of soda: (and they all come in a bottle, which is just a fun way to drink something) Sarsaparilla, Hot Ginger Brew, Cream Soda, and Orange Crème Soda. Now, so far, I’ve only drunk the cream soda and the ginger brew, and the ginger brew was AWFUL! I knew going into it that the hot meant spicy and that spicy meant they probably put a whole jar of ginger in there, but I was surprised at the intensity of the ginger. It just burned my throat. It stayed there for a really long time, too, so I don’t recommend that one.

For dinner on Friday night, Husband and I went to Rodizio Grill, which I was told was better than Tucanos. I’m here to say, no it’s not. The meat at Tucanos just tastes better, and it’s brought around a lot quicker, and the pineapple is better, and they also have vegetables, whereas Rodizio did not. But I did branch out, and I tried rattlesnake sausage (very gamey) and I also ate wild boar. It’s not my first time eating the boar, I tried some in Germany last year, and it tasted ok, but here, it didn’t taste good at all. Just FYI guys, avoid rattlesnake and wild boar.

I skipped church yesterday. Now before we all start getting the fire ready to rake me over the coals, it wasn’t necessarily my fault. Yesterday, I was nearly ready for church, and Husband sauntered in, and I told him he should probably get in the shower, if we were to make it on time. He’s like, let’s just be lazy and skip church. I told him that if we did skip church, we’d have to clean. Like major deep-clean clean. I named off a few things that we’d have to do if we stayed home: clean and mop the kitchen, vacuum every room, clean all the bathrooms, (toilets, mirrors, sinks/counters, and mopping) and wash our bedding. He agreed, which I couldn’t believe, because usually, he avoids that stuff like crazy. So, true to my word, I skipped church, and we cleaned all of the aforementioned items. Cleaning everything made the house REEK of cleaning items, but it was pretty awesome. And now, my whole list is checked off, which leaves more time for plays. But I did sing hymns in my head as we cleaned, I figured it was better than nothing.

No comments: