Saturday, November 9, 2013

Disneyland, More of It

This morning, when I woke up, my throat was hurting worse. It hurt to swallow. It hurt to talk. My whole body hurt. I was not liking this – how would it bode for DLand? Turns out – not well. We got to CA first, and after eating breakfast, and securing fast passes for both World of Color and the new Cars Land, we walked around the park. Lines were a little longer today, being the weekend, but we worked with it. Sadly, I was getting sicker as the day wore on. We rode some rides, and the more the day went on, the more it hurt to talk, so after a while, I just used hand signals to talk, and used words once in a while. Finally, when it was lunch time, I was offering $100 to anyone that could get me some cold medicine. Luckily, younger brother’s wife’s family was coming to meet us, and he could bring me some. Happy day! So a few hours later, after shuffling through lunch, and some Cars Land rides, finally, her dad came, cold medicine in hand. I immediately took some, and popped some cough drops in my mouth. While it helped, and believe me, it did, and I’m eternally grateful that they hooked me up, it wasn’t enough, I was still free-falling into sickness. For the remaining, oh, 9 hours of DLand, I wasn’t doing very well. We rode rides, and then, went to dinner in the park, that had a 30 minute wait. We didn’t know where else to go, so we stayed there, and waited. As we were waiting, I was basically just lying on the ground, having given up, and my SIL came over and told me she thought she just saw a famous person, Henry Czerny, who people here may know better as Conrad Grayson from Revenge.

Caonj

I told her that was awesome, too bad we couldn’t see for sure if it was him. After like, 10 or 15 minutes later, he came back – he was actually going to eat in the same restaurant we were going to! So SIL parents went up to him, and asked if we could get a picture with him, and he said yes! He came back out, and was actually a really nice guy. He snapped a couple of pics with us, and went on his merry way.

IMG_6666

After eating dinner, and continuing my free fall into illness, and shopping a little, finally it was time for World of Color. We hung out for a few minutes beforehand, because we got there a little early, and then it was time to get going. Originally we had planned to shop in Downtown Disney while we were there, but I was so sick at this point, I couldn’t make it. I barely shuffled back home, and went to sleep.

No comments: