Monday, November 25, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

Last night, I was cleaning up our room, and asking Husband to pick some stuff off the ground. As I knelt down to pick up something near his foot, he brought his leg up, to take off his sock, and ended up kneeing me in the face. Hard. In my eye. Immediately, I hit the bed, and just lay there, cradling my face in my hand. I went and looked at my eye, and the area where I was hit was read and puffy, and I thought, this is my chance to have a black eye! No such luck. Today when I woke up, it’s not swollen or discolored, just painful to touch. I never get a bruise, unless it’s on my leg, and then I have no idea where I got it from.

Friday evening, I had a call from an older sister in my ward, asking if we (well, if Husband) could come over and help her move a nightstand that she had bought, but it was too heavy for her to lift. We said yes, of course, and went over. Husband picked it up, and after some struggles (I think he picked it up lengthwise, so it was too wide for him to carry that way, but he wasn’t going to put it down) we got it in the right room, in the right place. She was really grateful, and I was just glad that she called us. It’s kind of nice to do a service, especially for your neighbors. I told her to call any time she needed anything, and I hope she does so.

I’m getting more excited for Christmas by the day. The more Christmas movies I watch, and Christmas songs I hear, and Christmas decorations I see, I just can’t wait for it to happen. And since I mostly know what I’m getting everyone, I feel like I can relax, and maybe enjoy things a little bit more. I’m excited for these next thirty days – Christmas is in 1 month!

No comments: