Sunday, November 3, 2013

Brownie Peanut Butter Cups

I need to stop watching Cupcake Wars on Sunday mornings. When I watch it on Sunday mornings, it makes me want to have a cupcake. And it being a Sunday, there are no cupcake bakeries open for me to get my fix. I don’t know how to make just a single cupcake, so I would have to make a whole batch of cupcakes to just eat one cupcake. And then because I don’t want to have to eat them all, I force other people to take them, and then I bet those people are just sick of me making them eat cupcakes. So today, I abstained from eating cupcakes. All day, I had to fight the urge, and I am proud of myself. And then, it got to be about 4:00, and I was like, I am going to make some cookies from this mix I’ve had around here forever. So I went and got the mix, and looked at the expiration date, and it expired 7-2-12.

Did you read that, guys? 7-12-12!! I have a cookie mix in my cupboard that expired a full year ago!

So, I scratched that idea, and went to the old Pinterest boards to find an easy treat. I found one, Brownie Peanut Butter Cups, and I’m pleased with them. They’re ridiculously easy.

Obtain:
Brownie mix (either your own or from a box)
1 cup peanut butter
Peanut butter chips
Chocolate chips

Mix together your brownie batter. Put tiny cupcake cups into tiny muffin pans, and then spoon the batter in those, about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 15 minutes at 350, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a little bit of batter on it, then when you pull the brownies out, drop the pan, so that the centers cave in. Microwave peanut butter for 30 seconds, or until smooth, and spoon some of the melted peanut butter into the little bowls in the brownies, and top with a couple of peanut butter chips, and a couple chocolate chips. Let them cool until the PB is solid, and you’re good to go!

So, I made these, and they are really good, but word to the wise – the peanut butter will hit you like a sack of bricks. It is an intense amount of peanut butter that comes out of there. Be prepared with some milk or water, or something, or maybe take a smaller bite, and enjoy the peanut butter in two installments. But either way, it is really good, so enjoy!

Brownie

No comments: