Saturday, June 8, 2013

Springville Art City Days 2013

This year, the Art City 5k happened to be on the same day as the funeral. So, because the race was so early, I did the race really quickly, then came home, didn’t stay for the awards or the drawing or anything. Later, I was told that I did actually win something, which I really didn’t expect, because there were a billion people in front of me when I finished. So this is the medal, for being third in my age group, I got it today, just a week later. I think I finished in 25:50something, I can’t remember exactly.

Medal

Apparently, the first place one was gold, the second silver, and this bronze for third. I was really happy to get this, especially when I really didn’t think I would get anything at all. But now, I’ll be in the next age group up next race, and I can’t tell if that’ll be a good thing or a bad thing. I’ll wait and see!

1 comment: