Monday, June 17, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

This past weekend, I went to Boise with Husband. Since its Father’s Day, he wanted to get out of town and avoid it. So, Friday afternoon, I left work a little early, and off we went. We got to Boise at like, 10ish, and had some dinner, and then straight to bed for me, I was so tired. It was like, midnight-thirty at this point, and I rarely go to sleep that late, so I went to bed, but Husband and his friends stayed up to still chat. As I was just putting my head on the pillow, I hear a super loud baby cry – and that’s when I found out that their 2ish year old (sick) baby/child had the room next to ours. Oy vey.

We went river rafting on Saturday, which was a good time, but since I’m deathly scared of the water, it’s really not all that fun. I’ve been once before, when we went to Boise a couple of years ago (And I have scoured the blog here to see what I said about it then, but I can’t find it, so I must not have done so!) and it was much of the same. Luckily, when we go, the guy who guides us down the river, he brings his children, ages 8 and 6, so he keeps things easy and simple, so that they don’t get too scared, and they don’t fall out, and the raft doesn’t tip. So luckily, it’s fun, but with no danger, lest his tiny kids die. So I survived, and thank goodness.

Boise had something I’ve never seen in Utah – grape Redvines. I know what you’re thinking, and I thought the same thing. Redvines are delicious, so why wouldn’t grape redvines or Grapevines as they were called, be delicious as well? And you, like me, are wrong. Grapevines taste awful. They taste like a cold medicine that your mom is making you take to make you feel better but it tastes so bad that it makes you just feel worse. Avoid the Grapevines, should they ever come to Utah. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

It is fun to get away on a little vacation but it is a lot more fun if you get to do things that you enjoy. Just think...you had never tasted grape Red Vines before and now you know that you probably will not try them again. ;)