Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Salad in a Jar

For a few weeks now, Chelle has been bringing us in some Mason jar salads, and they have been so good. I feel guilty taking the food and giving nothing in return, so I offered to pay some money, to help buy supplies. She instead offered up that I should make the salads for a week, and I said yes, and immediately regretted it. I don’t know how to do this! I’m not good at things like this! So after stressing about it for like, a week (yes, I did this), I finally bought all the ingredients and got going. I bought a bunch of vegetables…lettuce, corn, green peppers, red peppers, celery, tomatoes, and I boiled some eggs for this. After chopping up all the vegetables

Veggies

I let them dry/air out for a little while, so that there was no excess moisture in the salad. After a while, I came back, and assembled the salads. I was stressing hard when I put them together, and I don’t think I got the amounts all right, and things were not going well, but finally, I shoved all the ingredients in there, ended up with the lettuce, and snapped a picture.

Salad

So, there it is. I brought it to work the next day, and they were pretty good. Not amazing, but maybe if I practice and make more, I’ll get better at it. I just hope I don’t stress so hard the next time. I don’t even know why I’m stressing – it’s not like they’ll be completely inedible and horrible, but still, I’m nervous that I’ll mess it up. I’ll get better!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I can't believe that you were so nervous. YOU did a fabulous job. I just feel bad that we didn't get to eat them all week.