Monday, June 24, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

I really enjoy my recipe for stuffed peppers (well, technically, it’s Trisha Yearwood’s recipe that I took from a magazine, but let’s not split hairs), and I like to make it, but usually, it just takes a long time, and it makes so much, even in a half recipe that I don’t bother, because there are so many leftovers. I really wanted to eat it this weekend, though, and I came up with an idea. I made the recipe exactly as I usually do, but this time, instead of putting the rice, meat, and tomatoes mixture into the peppers, I chopped up the peppers, mixed them into the mixture, and put it all in a 9x13 glass dish, and baked them like that instead, and it was delicious! A few months ago, I posted a recipe for Stuffed Pepper Casserole, which this is kind of like, but I think it’s more delicious, so I think I’ll just do this instead now, instead of putting together the peppers and baking them. And here’s the finished product:

StuffedPeppers

Yesterday in church, I ran into my brother and his baby. I was giving baby a hug, and my brother told him to give me a kiss on the cheek. He opened his mouth and just put it on my cheek, and blew a little, and it laughed, then all of a sudden he used his new baby teeth to bite my cheek! What a tiny punk! I pulled him away from my face, and told him biting wasn’t cool, and he headbutted me! I know it wasn’t on purpose, he was just squiggling around like babies do, but still, I was like, not cool, baby. Nobody likes to be bitten and then smashed in the face.

Husband’s wallet was recently lost and/or stolen. He doesn’t know which, but he’s leaning towards stolen because it was in his car when he got home from Boston, and he usually just leaves his car unlocked (because we’re in UT, and nothing bad ever happens here, right?) and so since we’ve turned the house upside down trying to find it (literally – I came home from work, and basically he had trashed a few rooms trying to find it) and after having no luck, he realized it was never coming back. So he’s cancelled his cards, and all that, but the problem is his license – it’s a Canadian license. And now, since he has no proof of license, he has to take the US driving test, and get a permit, and then for 3 months he’ll have to drive with an adult in the car, and then he can have a good ol’ fashioned American license. Hopefully now he’ll keep a better watch on his wallet.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

I am going to have to try this recipe. I absolutely love your stuffed green peppers. They are simply delicious. I would have never thought about just mixing them together. You are so talented!!!

Maleen said...

Wait, that's not really true, is it? I would think that because he is older, he could just pass a test and get a license. They won't really make him have a permit for three months, will they??