Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Birthday Gift

Today was my nephew’s birthday party. It’s not his birthday, that isn’t until Saturday, but his party was tonight, and of course, I went. I realized after I got to work that I hadn’t stopped to get him his gift certificate, mostly because I couldn’t decide where to get him one. Should I get him clothes, a movie, a game, a book? So I finally decided on good ol’ cold hard cash. I wanted a cute way of presenting it to him, so Chelle and I put our heads together, and finally came up with this:

AGift

Now, for some explanation. I decided that with the cash, it would be funny to roll them up. Chelle had some ribbon at the office, so I tied them into tiny rolls, and then tied them with the ribbon. I did 20 ones, and 2 fives, to keep it fun. As I was working on that, Chelle was helping me by making the box, which she mad out of paper at her desk. It was awesome! And the best news of all, I think my nephew really enjoyed it, which is what it’s all about anyway.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

This was so much fun to try and figure out. We are a great team!!!