Friday, March 28, 2008

It's the most wonderful time...of the year

It’s here! The MLS season is officially beginning in less than 1 day, and I could not be more psyched. I checked out PJ’s blog right before I got on, and I see that we have the same topic. Lets be honest, for the next few months, this is probably how it’ll be. Anyway, with no further ado, are my predictions for opening weekend:

Columbus v Toronto FC:
I don’t know how much Toronto will win this year. Last year wasn’t good for them, and I don’t know that this year will be an improvement. Having your coach say about your team “In all my years in the game, that's the probably the worst performance I've ever seen” probably isn’t a morale booster. This one will go to Columbus.

Houston v New England
A rematch of the 2007 MLS cup! And I’m sure this will end the same way as it did months ago-with Houston winning. I don’t think New England is quite solid enough to hit the ground running, while Houston has showed us (in off-season games) that they haven’t lost any of their stuff.

Real Salt Lake v Chicago
As much as I loves my Real, I think I’ll pick Chicago for this game. We’re not ready yet to start winning right out of the gate, it’ll take us a couple of games to get our momentum. But look for Blanco falling down every ten minutes like a sissy.

Colorado v Los Angeles
I feel bad for LA. There is so much talent on this team that will not get recognized in the mist of the Beckham circus. And sadly, Beckham doesn’t help them win. Colorado will walk away with this victory, if they don’t tie.

Kansas City v DC United
Kansas City is going to have a hard time (at least starting out) this year without their man Eddie Johnson. When he left for a few months during last year’s season, KC fell apart. I hope it won’t be the same this year, but even so, I’m giving this one to DC.


FC Dallas v Chivas
This one is going to be pretty tough. They’re both good times, maybe even equally so. I think Chivas is going to be the victor, though.

Regardless of how Real will do, I’m dressing up in my team colors and rooting for them. And who knows, maybe we’ll randomly pull out a victory. I’m at least hoping Espindola will score, because I love his post-goal celebration!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I hope you have a blast at your first season game! And in case you didn't already know.. you are a soccer FREAK!!

Chelle! said...

I hope you have a fantastic time tomorrow at the Big Game and I hope that it does not snow on you!!! You are too hilarious!!

PJ said...

Blanco sucks. GO REAL! It's three-ish hours now. Can you believe?!

Maleen said...

Wow, you seem to know every little bit of soccer there is. I somehow feel like there must be a big whole in my life because nothing consumes me so.

Except my kids, but I don't think that counts because I didn't choose to be consumed by them.

Well, technically I did choose just by the fact that I had kids, but you know what I mean, I love that kind of consumption, but it isn't soccer.