Monday, March 31, 2008

They say taupe is very soothing.

Today, I have done something I have meaning to do for a long time. On January 6, 2007 (yes, this long!) I bought myself a can of paint, to paint my bathroom. I remembered after buying it however, that I hate to paint. I painted the bathroom when we first moved in, and I think I gave up after finishing like 2 or 3 walls. I had to call my older sister in to finish the job. The original color was white, and I painted it a purple/pinkish color. Looking back now, I'm not really sure why I chose that color, but after a couple of years, I got sick of it. So I finally decided to get myself some more paint and change the color.
I chose a whole different theme for the new color. Since my favorite color is gray (I know, thats weird) I chose a slate color. Its really very pretty. But since I don't paint, I had to try to get someone to paint it for me. For the last two years, I have been hounding people to help me out. For every birthday and Christmas present, I kept telling people that they didn't have to get me a gift, all they had to do was paint my bathroom, but still, I had no takers. Finally, on Easter Sunday, Rory told me she would paint it. Having heard this before, I was skeptical, and didn't really think she would. But on that Sunday (after a gentle reminder from me) she showed up, bringing Joseph. Imagine my surprise when they got started. I sat outside the bathroom and kept them company. Mostly that just entailed me laughing hysterically at things that were only moderately funny. Turns out, when I am on Loratabs, not only does it make me super tired, I think everything is hilarious, and laugh until I cry. Which did not help the pain go away any more, so maybe it was a bad idea. They came back this afternoon to apply the second coat, and I gotta tell you, things are looking good in there. Rory and Joseph kept telling me that the dark color would make my bathroom seem like a prison, but I don't think so. I like it in there, and I like the dark color. I can't wait to get everything back in there to see how it'll look. Tomorrow we'll be painting the base boards (or something, I don't really remember) and then we can get everything in there. And of course, while they're doing this, I'll be there, to laugh like a hyena.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I don't think I like to paint either, so I just get pregnant every so often and then I don't have to do ANY painting. And here you just thought that I liked kids...

Ashley said...

I bet your bathroom looks awesome. I like darker colors. So what if you like gray. I don't think it is wierd. Gray is the perfect accent color. I mean really, I goes with anything. Your title is perfect, right out of the HOTT mouth of Brad Pitt!!!