Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Its all Greek to me

With the return of spring/summer comes the new “filler shows”. You know what these are, the shows that (according to network execs) are good, but not as good as to be aired during the peak TV months. People don’t watch TV during the summer, so why air the good stuff? Well, my friends, I am here to tell you, some of these summer shows are my favorite. Burn Notice, for example, is quite delightful; I invite everyone to check it out, along with My Boys. One of my favorite summer shows is Greek, which has recently returned. Greek is a show on ABC Family (has anyone else noticed that ABC Family isn’t very family-oriented anymore?) It’s about sororities and fraternities on a college campus, with a brother and sister (who are on opposites sides of the spectrum, personality-wise) at the center of all the delicious drama. It’s really very tame as college shows could go, there is drinking and sex and what-not, but it isn’t right out there in your face. There was a marathon of the show on Monday; they re-aired all the shows from the first part of the season, which was aired last summer.
As I watch this show, I can’t help but think about how I have always wanted to be in a sorority. I know movies probably portray them way way differently than they are, but I always think it looks like so much fun! You get to hang out with all sorts of cute boys from a fraternity, and if you’re cute enough, I’m sure you’ll never have to buy yourself another drink again! And trust me, that kind of stuff gets to be expensive. Plus, there are parties galore, you get to live in a house with all sorts of girls, and surely, one of them is your size, which means your wardrobe just doubled! And even though most of your ‘sisters’ are sure to be bratty and mean, I’m sure I could be just as bratty back, so I would totally thrive in this environment. Plus, surely any sorority is full of WASP’s, and, as everyone knows, I would so love to be a WASP. I’m still trying to figure out how to marry into them. Of course, no sorority would be as fun as they make it look on this show, which is why it’s probably better for me to just dream about it in this case. Plus at this point, I’m probably too old to be joining any kind of sorority, but hey, a girl can dream.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Vieve is right. My Boys rocks. But I have to say, If you lived in a huge house with a bunch of girls it would be interesting. You would like any of them and you would probably want to punch their faces in. However, I do see you as Reese Witherspoon. Except you have a bird instead of a dog. And you will totally have get the "bend and snap' movement down!!

Chelle! said...

I watched GREEK for the first time the other day. Hey, I liked it. I really could see you out East doing the WASP thing.

Maleen said...

Ok, I am probably the only one who doesn't know what WASP stands for. I have a good idea, but I'm not sure of the exact translation. Help please.

Unknown said...

WASP stands for:

(W)hite
(A)nglo
(S)axon
(P)rotestant