Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Television is what happens between the commercials.

With my Tivo, I fast forward through most commercials. No disrespect to commercials, or the people who make them, but I want to get through my show, and you selling stuff to me is just hinders me. I usually watch a commercial either by accident (I forget to fast forward) or on the internet, after someone has told me to watch one. I think one of the sad things about commercials now is we don't have the jingles anymore. "Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun" Classic. "Rice-A-Roni, The San Fransisco Treat" Everyone knows these, and thats awesome!
Today, I was reading an article on MSN about the new Cheetos commercials, and how they’re targeted to adults. “Intriguing”, thought I. Luckily they had links directly to see them, so I watched. I won’t lie; I find these new commercials bleeding hilarious. Chester Cheetah is so creepy in these-yet I find myself loving him. A cartoon cheetah telling me to do bad things to people? I am in! Please, watch them yourself; I hope you won’t be disappointed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hokQnWm-rjM&feature=related
Watching these commercials made me think of others I love, and I wanted to share them all with you. If you are so inclined, I have included the links so that you can watch them, and I hope you do. I’ll try not to ruin these by telling you too much. They make me laugh so hard!
Berlitz- A commercial for a program to help you learn languages, a German guy is put in charge of a Coast Guard type place, only to have some people start drowning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsCR9Y4Ymvo
I don’t know what brand this is for. A child is throwing a temper tantrum in a store, to say anything else would give it away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWkZ_StRjU0
This is for an iced tea-I love these guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTU2He2BIc0
I don’t even know what these guys are selling-but I love this commercial. A guy tries to cook his girlfriend dinner with disastrous results.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b80I0r-4p8
These are just a few of my favorite commercials, and I hope you had the time to watch them all. I have seen them so many times but I still laugh every time! Maybe now you'll take the time to peruse commercials, because who knows, you could end up finding a gem!

3 comments:

PJ said...

The reason you love the iced tea one so much is because of the WASPs. Althought, I admit, it's got to be one of my favorites.

Chester Cheetah is super creepy.

Chelle! said...

ok, these were too hilarious!! I, especially, loved the German commercial and the "no c" one!! The cheetos ones are way too creapy!!! HEE HEE

Maleen said...

Those were great. The last one with the cat was Ameriquest and they have a whole set of commercials like that...all very funny. Ask Tyler to find them for you.
Thanks for sharing, and for the record, my kids have never done that in the store, but if they did, I would definitely choke them with a 'c' (as Michelle puts it).