Monday, March 24, 2008

And now...its on like Donkey Kong

And now, the day has come. It's not THE day I've been waiting for exactly, but its so close. Tonight, our beloved Real Salt Lake has started playing. It wasn't a league game or anything, just a pre-season game, but oh, how I've waited. All day I kept thinking about it, so by game time, I was ready to go. We took on the Lobos PFC, a local team. It was a little weird at first, mostly because I hardly recognize anyone on the team! We have switched around so many people, all my beloveds are gone. I'm sure that in a little bit, I'll have them all memorized, but for now, I'm just learning. The game was quiet, nobody was yelling or anything, which was weird. I mean, its not like I shout and scream the whole time, but I do like to yell every once in a while! And when no one else is yelling, I just feel awkward doing it, so I abstain.
During the first half, we scored one goal, made by Kovalenko, so by half time, we were up. After an abysmal half time show by the worst dancers in the history of the world, the second half kicked off. After another goal (it might have been by Kovalenko again, but I really don't know for sure.) and then shortly thereafter, another goal scored by Movsisyan (my favorite crazy guy) and then the game was over! And, good news, we won the game! 3 to 0! Take that, Lobos! Of course, the game was bleeding freezing. At the beginning of the game, I was ok, it was maybe a little chilly, but I could totally take it. After a while, it was getting colder and colder. By the end of the game, I was wearing two hoodies, wrapped into PJ's blanket, and smushed into PJ as much as I could and it was still way too cold. But at least it wasn't raining or snowing or anything, so that was a welcome relief. And now, we have the opening day game on Saturday-and I could not be more psyched! I hear it might rain, which is disappointing, but I can be prepared more so then than I was today, so I will probably be warmer. But it doesn't matter, I've sat through hail and snow and rain to see my team, so it could be raining frogs, and I'll be at the game on Saturday.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

YEA!! It is finally here!! I am completely 100% excited for you!!!

PJ said...

This is the slowest week EVER! Will Saturday never come?