Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hop in my Chrysler, its as big as a whale, and its about to set sail!

I gotta get out of this place. I'm getting restless. I keep thinking its summer. Mostly because when I look out the window at work, the sun is all shiny, and it looks so warm. Of course, you go outside and its still cold, but things are improving. Spring is not only on the way, its actually circling the neighborhood. But, sadly, things are not as I wish them to be. Lately, I have felt the urge to leave the city, go someplace (preferably warm) and just escape for like a weekend. I have been craving to go to Disneyland for about a week now-which is weird, I don't think I've ever craved to go to a place, but for some reason, I keep thinking about those blue skies and all the fun times I could be having there. But I will be going there in June, so there's a small consolation. I just have to hold on for a few more months, which hopefully I can do.
I've been wanting to go to a national park. Any of them will do, really, but I think I want to hit up Zion's the most. There's a specific trail I want to hike there, and I want to head out and just head into the mountains for a few days. I have a busy schedule of things coming up, so it'll be a while before I can actually get out of town, but when I get the first opportunity, I am gone like gangbusters. Plus, after the events that I have coming up, I'm pretty sure I'll need a vacation, to recuperate. I need some variety, something new to spice things up, and I hope I get that soon. But until then, I'll just hold on to the memories of vacations past...

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Well, don't you have this weekend free? You should take advantage of it and hit DISNEYLAND!!! I know what you mean, I look outside and it looks all springy,then...you go outside and it is somewhat chilly.

PJ said...

Too bad this weekend is Easter. It is not a good idea to go to Disneyland over Easter. And because a lot of schools are on spring break, anywhere you try to hit up will be crazy!

We'll just have to kick it here, for now. Consolation prize: 9 days.