Thursday, March 20, 2008

I don't sweat, I glisten

I admit freely that this is probably the weirdest blog I'll do, but this is on my mind, so I will speak of it. Don't judge me, dear friends. If you don't want to, you don't have to read this. Just giving a fair warning.
I am not a sweater. By that I don't mean a piece of clothing, silly. I mean, I don't sweat. I can work out for hours, and I just have a healthy glow. I think its so weird-and in fact, I kinda hate it. I'm envious of people that can work up a good sweat. I don't know that I'd want it dripping out of every pore on my body, I think that might be kinda gross. But I think it would be good, nay, great, that if after a run, people would actually know I've been running. And its not that I'm running at like, a leisurely pace, taking my time, so that might explain it. No, I'm going at full speed, for quite some time, and...nothing. I am probably about a half hour into my run before I start to feel some moisture on my face. About twenty minutes later, I can feel a couple of trickles down my face, and that makes me happy. Thats when I think I'm actually working. But thats only when I run inside. When I'm making that trek outside, oh, forget about it. There's not a thing going on then. Maybe thats why I prefer the indoors, I get those four drops of sweat.
Even during the soccer days, I don't recall ever sweating that much. I don't know if its something thats wrong with me, or if its a defect I have. Either way, its not looking good. I heard once that the healthier/more in shape you are, the more you'll sweat. Well, I have worked out as hard as I can, I feel like I'm in pretty good shape, and still, I get nothing, so I think that theory is bogus. So for those of you who can work up a good healthy sweat when you work out, I salute you. You keep on keepin' on, and I'll do how I do. I might not look like I'm doing anything, but when it comes down to it...I just might be working harder than you are.

2 comments:

PJ said...

And those of us who do sweat wish we were more like you. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Maleen said...

There was this guy at the gym who literally had a spray radius. It was so gross. And by the end of his workout, I thought he had just gotten out of the pool with his clothes on. Some people may sweat TOO much. Yuck.
If you had to go one way or the other, I would much rather be on your side.