Sunday, March 9, 2008

I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight!


I had never even heard of Jersey sheets until Leeny blogged about it. And when I first read, I was like, Jersey sheets? Have I been sleeping on New York sheets? Is there a feud? Do I need to support one side over the other? But then the more I found out about them, the better they sounded, but I was still skeptical. Sleeping on what was described to me as an old t-shirt? Intriguing, but I wasn't sold. As I was walking through Target yesterday, I passed an end-cap that had them on it, and on sale for 9.99! I thought to myself, 'Self, thats only ten bucks, and if you don't like them, its not like you spent the farm'. So, I bought them, and they had them in gray! My favorite of all the colors of the rainbow. All right, technically, gray isn't in the rainbow, but shut up. I'll say what I want, this is my blog. As we were still walking near the bedding stuff, PJ noticed that a memory foam mattress was on sale, and she was like, 'You need to buy one of these'. Now, I've never done anything on memory foam, and to be honest, it completely freaked me out. Its not natural! But, usually everything PJ says I find to be true, so I was like, eh, I'll give it a try too. I got home and immediately put it on my bed, looking forward to the sleeping.
When I finally crawled into my bed, several hours later (but thats a different story) I was a little excited to try out all the things I had been promised would be uber-comfortable. And let me tell you, I was not disappointed! Sliding into the bed was literally the most comfy I have ever been. And believe me, not figuratively, literally. I laid there for several minutes, wide-awake, reveling in the awesome feeling of this. And the next morning, waking up, I so did not want to get out of bed. I kept trying to invent reasons of why I might have to still stay in bed. And later, I was thinking of reasons why I'd have to lay in my bed, but sadly, I could think of none! Maybe if I were sick, or had a better reason than, "I just want to lay in heaven" I could, but so far, no dice. I'm definitely looking forward to lying in bed tonight. I am now in the debt of the people who brought this moment to me. Leeny, for introducing me to the Jersey sheets, and PJ for introducing me to the memory foam. I look forward to many a night in the utmost comfort. Now if only I could get a memory foam pillow...

3 comments:

Chelle! said...

WOW!!! I might just have to pick those things up. Maybe it will help with the insomnia that I have encountered. Usually, my bed and bedtime have not been my friends. I fo want to sleep like a baby tonight--I asked my mom if I slept really good when I was a baby!! She said I was the best sleeping baby ever!!! I loved to sleep--I wonder what has happened? I have a difficult time sleeping!!!

Maleen said...

Yay! I'm glad you like them. I need to get me some of the memory foam stuff. Although my sheets are heavenly, I can't say my mattress hasn't seen a few years and a few kids jumping on it. Someday I am going to buy myself a really nice bed.

PJ said...

Memory foam is the king of all bed accessories! I think I should buy a second one. Memory foam pillows are so awesome, they cradle your head. I think I sleep too well because my bed is too awesome. The only thing that would be better would be a sleep number bed. Or maybe one of those Simmon's Beautyrest. We need a bowling ball and a wineglass!