Thursday, October 31, 2013

NEVER Leave the Dog Alone

So last night, I left Cookie alone in the house for a bit while we went to the store. I figured, we’re just going to run into Target, buy a few things, and then come home, so things should be just fine. Usually, when we leave her alone and not in her cage, she dumps all the trash cans over, and roots through them, and eats the tissues, so I try not to leave her alone, but I keep hoping that she’ll grow out of that, and act normal. (Weirdo) We took longer in Target than anticipated, but I thought we’d be ok, because I shut the door to my bedroom and the door to the basement, so there were only so many places she could be at. After Target, I ended up heading to the mall to get a tank top, and then Husband and I went shopping for costumes. The whole time, I kept hoping that Cookie would go against her better judgment, and do nothing.

When we finally returned home, the first thing I noticed was the leaves. On the ledge where my letters are, I have some leaves up there, to add some decoration, and they were hanging off. I then noticed that the letters were askew, and some were on the floor. What the heck did this idiot do?! So, immediately, I say her name, and ask her what she did, and she just BOOM, hits the floor, and basically tries to army crawl out of the room, because she knows what she did was wrong. I opened the door right away, and she ran outside as fast as she could, knowing she was in trouble. I left her outside for a while, so that she’d learn, but I doubt she did. I don’t know how to fix her of this, she so far she doesn’t seem to remember or care that it’s bad until she gets caught. Maybe that’s how all dogs are. Or maybe she just needs a little longer in our care; she hasn’t been with us for too long still. Hopefully, she can start to learn them, so that we can let her out of the cage by herself and don’t have to worry about her ruining the house.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Good luck. We have had Moxy 5 years and she still is just as sneaky when we are gone. Silly dog.