Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Organizing

This past Sunday, we gathered as Husband’s family to watch the second session of conference. I’m still not entirely sure why we did this. I mean, no one can talk during it, or else you miss the talks, so we all just had to sit there in silence anyway, but we all gathered. Before the session started, we were eating lunch, and cleaning up some of the house. It was finally time to clear out everything, so the oldest sister was cleaning out everything, and we were all divvying it up between all of us. We then spent a while with the youngest sister, dividing up random food things in the cupboard. Jell-O’s, spices, that sort of thing. They had loads of all of these things, so it took a long time to divide up everything, but I think we all walked away with pretty equal items. I took it home, and didn’t want to deal with it, so I just put it on the counter. Today, after I got home from work, I decided to finally tackle it. I laid it out so that everyone can see what it looks like:
Spices

So, I got to work. I rearranged everything to fit it in. I moved things around from cupboard to cupboard, and cleaned it all, and threw away things that I had bought when we first got hitched and hadn’t used yet, and finally, everything looked awesome, and things are in all new places. The best part about this is that I did it when Husband is out of town yet again, so I can’t wait for him to get home and not know where anything is. It’s the little things that make life worth living.

No comments: