Saturday, October 26, 2013

A Recipe Book

Wednesday, March 15, 2012. This day, I had purchased some vital items that were going to be made into a recipe book. I was having the first of my many mouth surgeries, so I figured that with all the laying around I’d be doing, I would be able to work on my recipe book, and finally compile the recipes that I’d been collecting for the last few years. Up to this point, when I needed to use one of these recipes, I just grabbed the scrap of paper I had written it on, but now, they’d be combined and awesome. So...I never worked on it. I did other things during the recovery time of that surgery, and then, when I had others, I had other things that were more pressing, so I kept putting off the recipes. Finally, a few months ago, Chelle got some cute software for making recipe pages, and I decided it was time to finally get going on this project. A few weeks ago, I decided it was time to start typing up the recipes. It took me a few weeks to get it done, and everything put together, and then finally, yesterday, I printed off all the recipes, and today, I finally put them all together. After I put them all together, I separated them by genre:

Pages

And after I had them separated there, I alphabetized them, and then combined them into the sheet protectors. I had them in there, one for each protector, but then I had them 2 in every one, back to back. So after I got those all done, I put them into the binder, and then I had to print off the cover pages, and the tabs. Finally, I had done them all, and had the tabs in there.

Tabs

So I was jazzed to have them all done, and then I got the final cover page finished, and this is what the binder looks like, totally complete:

BinderFront

And now, 1 year and 7 months after I bought all the stuff for this, I finally have finished my binder, and I am so jazzed to finally have it finished.

No comments: