Saturday, July 27, 2013

Zip Line

Adam’s Grandmother Jan and sister-in-law Chantelle were going to go zip lining, and we got invited along, so of course I took it. We met nice and early Saturday morning – 8:00. It may not sound that early, but on a Saturday, yes. I didn’t wake up in enough time to run, sadly, but that’s ok. We met, all of us, and then drove up into the canyon. We were getting set up, being put up in our harnesses, and the gal helping us said that we needed to have a parent sign for the girls, since they’re both under 18. We told her the parents were no longer with us, and Chantelle even told her, they passed away 2 months ago. She said that Jan could sign for them, and as we were putting on our harnesses, she asked where our parents really were. We had to awkwardly explain that we were serious, they did pass away just barely. She apologized, then took a phone call and walked away for a minute. When she came back, she asked some questions about them, and then realized who they/we were, and it was weird for a minute, she teared up and everything. Finally, things were ok, and we were about to get going.

ZipLineZipLine2

This is all of us, waiting to get going. Don’t be jealous of how awesome I look in that helmet. So, we were driven up to the top zipline, where we got to do some practice runs down. It took me a minute to psych myself up to jump off the platform, but finally I did so. We zipped down 5 lines; we went from one platform to the other, and zipped all the way down to the bottom, to where our car was. It was awesome. There was one that you had to take a running start off of and jump, and we had all decided that when we jumped off that one, we’d shout something, just for fun. I had decided to shout “I believe I can fly!” and everyone else was deciding for themselves. Chantelle’s sister, Danielle, was going to shout “For Isengaard!” (Points if you get the reference). When she went to run and jump off, she accidentally grabbed the brake, and shouted “For I-“ and then came to a short stop, and hung there for a second, before she had to be brought back in. I was dying laughing at it, and then finally, we all had jumped off. I was glad I went, even though I was afraid at first, I’m glad I did this. I recommend to everyone that they do this.

No comments: