Monday, July 22, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

The table and chairs I have in my dining room are a little different. The table is higher than most tables, and the chairs are just these cute saddle stools, so there’s no back on them. When we bought them, I thought they were awesome, and I was psyched to use it. Cut to now, and really, it’s a pain. It’s a pain to sit at a table and eat sitting at a stool, and they’re not that comfortable to sit on for very long. Finally this weekend, we changed that up. IKEA is always a good place to look for chairs and the like, so we went there in search of either a new table/chair combo, or maybe just some chairs. Luckily, we found some cute chairs that would work with our higher table; they had backs, and would match. We got them home, and I got to work on putting them together. It took me about 2 hours to put together all four, and by the end of it, my hands were sore from putting them together, and I had a small blister forming. I am proud of the work though, and I am loving these chairs.

Chair

At church, we have a lot of old people, and some of them are hard of hearing, and we have one full-on deaf person. For this gal, there’s a computer set up every Sunday, and there’s a typist who types so quickly. I’ve sat a few rows behind this computer for the last couple of weeks, and I get so enthralled just reading what gets typed. I stop listening, sometimes, and just read what’s being said. This past week, a fella was talking about an Iron Man soap that his kids just got, and he had a whole story that he was telling, and we were all laughing. When his talk was over, and we were singing a song, I happened to glance over at them, and the deaf gal was asking a question of the typist, and then the typist wrote: “Iron Man is a superhero. The soap just has his picture on it” and I almost died laughing. I guess I just figured that everyone knows who Iron Man is, but this proves, not everyone knows all superheroes.

This evening, we took my sister-in-law out for dinner, and a little shopping. It’s her birthday on Wednesday, and Adam won’t be here, yet again, so we took her out tonight to do some celebrating. The bonus of all of it was, every time we went in a store, and she would find something, if I found something as well, I would just throw it on her pile, and it was like a birthday gift for me too! So I happened to get a skirt, and some lotions, and an air freshening candle out of the deal. Not too bad for some sneaking around.

No comments: