Saturday, July 6, 2013

Lost in Scofield

Today, I went to Scofield, I was going to meet the author of a book I like, My Loving Vigil Keeping, Carla Kelly. Unfortunately, things didn’t go well, and I didn’t end up getting to meet her. I went with PJ, she had set the visit up through her boss, but when we got there, we couldn’t find the building we were supposed to be meeting them. After driving around, and getting lost, and ending up in Camp Mia Shalom, then down the canyon into Fairfield, we gave up, being an hour late, and having zero idea how to get to where we were supposed to be, we gave up and went home. Alas.

When we were in Scofield, we arrived about a half an hour early for our meeting time. Since we hadn’t had breakfast yet and had time to kill, we stopped at the town’s festival, and partook of their breakfast. This is the meal I got for 7 dollars:

Breakfast

Quite a bit of food, actually, I couldn’t even finish it all, but it was all delicious.

After we found our way out of the canyon, and were about to get back onto the highway and make it home, we passed an ice cream place that had just opened minutes before. Of course, being 11 in the morning, it’s a perfect time for ice cream. I was kind of jazzed, because I love to try local ice cream places everywhere I go. I get in there, take a look at the selection and realize...its all BYU creamery ice cream. Miles from home, and I’m eating ice cream that I can get 2 minutes from my house. It was still delicious.

No comments: