Sunday, July 14, 2013

7Up Chicken

Last weekend, I cleaned out my freezer, and I found a million frozen chicken breasts in the freezer. So last night, when I was trying to figure out what to do for dinner, I decided it was high time to use some of the chicken. I found a recipe in my Pinterest pages that was for a crock pot, because I didn’t have time to defrost them, so I found one for 7Up Chicken. It has only a few ingredients, and it was easy to make.

3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
12 oz can of 7Up or lemon-lime soda
1 cup rice (Minute rice is best)
1/4 cup chicken broth

Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker. Whisk together the 7Up and soup, and pour over chicken. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours on low. Add rice and chicken broth, and cook for 2-3 more hours, or until chicken is cooked through.

Now, I cooked it for a little over 2 hours, then I added the rice. I think I only cooked it for 1 more hour, and it was totally done. The recipe didn’t specify if the chicken was supposed to be whole or cut up, so we shredded it, just because. I shredded it, took a bite…

7UpChicken

It’s actually kind of delicious! I liked the tangy sweetness of the soda, so I definitely recommend this recipe to people, and it’s actually really easy. Give it a try, don’t be thrown off by the soda.

No comments: