Thursday, July 4, 2013

Freedom Run 2013

When I woke up this morning, the weather was kind of wacky. It was super windy, and actually kind of raining! I was so surprised by that, since the weather has been so hot this week. I got ready, and snapped a pic.

Vieve4th

I was glad, the tutu really worked out, it wasn’t uncomfortable or anything. PJ ran it with me, and as we were on our way there, she realized she had forgotten her running watch. So…we had to go to her house to pick it up. We arrived to the race right as it was starting, but I still had to put on my timing chip and race number, so we started late, actually, we were some of the last people to cross the start line, but that’s fine, it’s done by a timing chip, so it’s ok.

The race was so warm and humid, so by the time it ended I was covered in sweat, and I was ready for some water. I snagged a bottle of water, and picked up my fancy medal

FreedomRunMedal

Huzzah! I really like this race, because you get a medal for just finishing the race, and that’s worth every penny of the race price. Sadly, they ran out of the fancy water bottles, so I didn’t get one of those. That’s ok, maybe next year!

No comments: