Monday, July 15, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

I slept in last Friday. Usually, I wake up at 5:15 during the week, get up and go running. Friday, however, I woke up organically (my alarm hadn’t gone off is what I mean by that) and I was like, well if my alarm clock hasn’t gone off, I must still have loads of time to sleep! I hate looking at the clock in the morning, because I hate thinking “Ok, I only have 15 minutes until my alarm goes off” so I usually try not to look. This morning was no exception, I woke up and went back to sleep. When I again woke up a little bit later, I was like, this is great, I still don’t have to wake up! But just out of curiosity, I looked at the clock. The time, naturally, read 6:15. 6:15! I rushed out of bed, and of course, I did that thing that you’re not really sure what to do first, so you like, panic for a few seconds. I decided that even though it was so late, I would try to get a run in. I ran for 10 minutes. At least I ran a little.

Has anyone been to the new Popeye’s yet? It just opened up about a month ago, and I’d wanted to give it a try. Of course, the lines for it have been massive, so I knew to wait a while. Finally, after scout camp on Saturday, I really wanted some, so up we went to it. We got there (it’s like, 9:00 at night, BTW) and the drive thru line was huge, so we decided to go inside. There was practically no line, I was so jazzed. We gave our order, and got our number (86) and then stood around the place. And that’s when I realized...there were a billion people standing around waiting for orders. Then, they called the number of one just finished...53. I immediately regretted our decision. But, we had paid; we had our number, so we just had to wait. We stood, and waited patiently, while we listened to the numbers climb slooooowly up. 64...67...65...then it jumped to 80. I was psyched. Then all of a sudden, it went to 87. 87?! That’s past me! Then, they called me. While I felt bad for the people who were ahead of me who hadn’t been called, I was so glad to get my food. I waited about 40 minutes. And while the food was good, it wasn’t wait-for-45-minutes-good. But now I know what it’s like, so I don’t have to rush back.

I’m all alone this week again, Husband will be out of town. I spoke last week of being alone, and having finished my to-do list, so when I found out he’d be gone again (Friday night, of course, why would I find anything out sooner?) I tried to make myself a to-do list again, even though I finished everything I had already put on there, so I’m trying to put some obscure things on there, like clean/organize my linen closets, etc. I’ll let you know what kind of progress I make.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

What is Popeye's?? Never heard of it.