Saturday, July 13, 2013

Scout Camp 2013

Today was, once again, scout camp. We decided to go against the norm, and go on a Saturday, instead of a weekday. We all gathered together, and off we went.

Scouts1

We almost had all of our boys show up, the only one that didn’t is a newish boy, who I’ve only met once. After arrival, I registered the boys, then we did the opening flag ceremony, and then split into the groups that they’d put us in. First we did some rockets:

Scouts2

Which were fun, but as a leader, it is so boring to just sit there for 40 minutes, doing nothing but watch the kids do stuff. Then we went to the geology booth which was SO BORING so I was just counting the minutes until it was over. We moved onto archery, where it began to rain pretty heavily. The other leader and I took refuge under a tree to stay dry. Luckily, it stopped raining right as we were finishing up. After a lunch/dinner, we went into the boats, and this year, they let us leaders get into the boats, there weren’t enough kids.

Scouts3

I didn’t care for the boats, everyone was splashing each other, and I hate to get wet, so I was irritated by it all. After we did the boats, it was time for BB guns, and again, we leaders got to participate. I am going to say I shot well, even though in real life, I only hit the target like, 5 times, out of probably 6 million BBs. Finally, the day was over, and after the final flag ceremony, we were off.

Scouts4

All in all, a better camp than last year, and at least this time, we had a group of boys instead of just a couple that showed up that were tiny jerks. Ok, maybe they weren’t jerks, but I didn’t care for their attitudes. Anyway, the camp is over, and unless I lose my calling, I have a whole year until I’m back!

No comments: