Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Adventure with Biore Strips

I have a secret to tell. I sometimes get zits. I know, I know, you’re probably so shocked you don’t know how to feel, but oh alas, it happens. I only get them in a central location – on my chin, so over the weekend, I decided to try something new to see if it would help. I bought those Biore strips, the kind that people put on their nose, to take away gross business, and I wanted to give it a try, on my chin, to see if it helped. I followed the instructions to a T – I washed my face, I dried it, and then wetted the area the strip would be, and applied it. I left it on my face for 15 minutes, and then ‘gently’ peeled off the strip. I say gently in quotes, because there wasn’t really a gentle way to pull something off your face when it’s STUCK on there. I pulled it off, and a few minutes later, my face started to tingle where it was. I asked Husband if that was normal, because he does the nose strips, and he said it’s never happened to him, so I was a little nervous, but I thought, well, it’s just on a different part of the face, so maybe it’s fine. Then this morning, when I woke up, my chin is having an allergic reaction to this stuff! There are little bumps all over, and it’s sensitive to the touch. It feels weird, and its hurty a little bit, and I just don’t care for this. I was going to take a picture to put on here, but I decided against that level of small humiliation. So, you’ll just have to imagine it. Hopefully the red and bumps die down, and that no one can tell that they’re even there. Myself, now I know, never to use this stuff, and that maybe I’ll just be doomed to having a chin with stuff on it. That’s ok, it’ll give me character!

No comments: