Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fireworks Preview

Yesterday was apparently Canada Day. I didn’t know this until today, and tonight, Husband’s relatives came over with a ton of fireworks in tow. We waited a bit for it to get dark outside, then started to light them all. They all sang the Canadian national anthem (which, I only know the first two words, ‘Oh Canada’, and then I’m out), and I just sat back, watched stuff, and ate. Some of the fireworks they lit launched up in the air, and came towards us at the house, so of course, I was like, oh good, the house is going to burn down. Luckily it didn’t! But finally, when we got to the end, there was a HUGE box of a firework, I don’t even remember the name of it or anything. The firework was lit, and it went on for a few glorious minutes, until it was done…but the box caught on fire. We watched for about a minute, until we all realized the box wasn’t going to put itself out. So, Husband grabbed the bucket of water, and ran towards it
FireBox
and it went out! And no one was hurt.That in itself, is a victory of the night.

No comments: