Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!

Holy cow you guys! It’s already the new year! Out with ‘13, in with ‘14! I’m determined to make this a better year. Not that 2013 was a bad year, but I’d like to think that I could have a better one. Let’s check in with last year’s goals, to see how I did:

1. To make myself more aware of, and thus save, the money I spend.

I think I did this. Especially after a financial seminar I took, I tried to save things a little more.

2.Need to be healthier.

I’m not sure that I did this. I think I ended up eating less sugar near the end of the year, but other than that, not really.


3. Read 20 books

I did this! I finished with 34 books for the year!


4. 250 posts

Which I did! Barely, I finished with 250 on the nose, and that was hard.

And now, the goals for 2014!

1. I think this year, I’m going to jump the book number up to 30. I know I read more than that last year, but what if that was just a fluke? I’m going to keep it attainable, just in case.

2. I’m going to do at least 230 blog posts. 250 was a bit a much, I had to blog every single day for the last 3 months of the year to make it, and that was really hard to keep up, so I’m going to dial it back a little. If I happen to make 250 again, awesome, but I’m going to only try for 230.

3. A goal of mine is to get Husband on a vacation this year. We did go on a few vacations last year, and that was awesome, but since his parents passing, he hasn’t taken off a week to just unplug from everything. It’s always work, work, work, and he’s always there, and thinking about it. I just want to get him away, to not worry about anything, and just…be.

4. I want to increase my speed this year. Every race I ran, I ran a little slower than I did the year before; I think I’m getting slower. So I want to increase my speed, and try to get it back down, at least by 1 minute. I know that doesn’t seem like a lot, but in running, that will be tough.

And that’s all for now. I know there are a lot of ways I can improve myself, but I just like picking a few. It’s like when you have many things to do – if you just focus on a few things, you’re more apt to get them done, than if you try to do the whole list at once. Yes, that’s a good way to describe it. Happy New Year, everyone, and good luck in the next year!

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Great ideas. I wish you the best of luck with your resolutions. :)