Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cowboy Casserole

After scouring the Pinterest boards for a dinner for Sunday night, I landed on this – a Cowboy Casserole. I accidentally forgot to take any pictures of the dinner, but I’ll give you the recipe nonetheless.

¼ cup diced onion
½ Tsp pepper
1 Tsp salt
½ Tsp Mrs. Dash
1 Lbs small red potatoes, sliced (about 4-5 potatoes)
1 can diced tomatoes with liquid
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 LB ground beef browned and drained (or, like me, just put it in raw, whatever)
1 cup canned corn
1 can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Put all ingredients into a crockpot and stir well. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 7-8 hours. Sprinkle cheese on top for the last 30 minutes of cooking.

This was really delicious! I really liked it. It was really easy, too, which is always a plus on Sunday dinners. I wish I had taken a picture, but by the time I was getting my food, I was just so hungry, so I just ate instead of taking pictures. Make it for yourself, see how good it is for yourself.

No comments: