Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Bruise

Yesterday I was co-throwing a baby shower for a girl in my ward, and I was just getting everything ready, and my co-thrower came over, with her 4 year old daughter. Her daughter sat down, and was just chilling, eating, doing nothing, and then we were kind of being silly together. There was a point that I was picking her up off a stool, and as I picked her up, she wrapped her legs around the stool legs (this I didn’t see) and then, when she was getting too far away from the chair, which was coming up with her, the stool dropped. It dropped on my toe, and that hurt! It took me a few seconds to react, and then, it was hurting a whole heck of a lot. I had to sit down, and laugh to keep from crying, kind of. It had a bruise when I looked at it right then, and then later that day, there was no bruise. When I took off my sock at the end of the night, this is what I saw:

Toe

Yeesh! That escalated! I had kind of limped all day, and now I see why. When I went to bed, I was careful with it, made sure it didn’t hit or snag on anything. When I woke up this morning, it still looks pretty bad.

Toe1

Doesn’t that look bad? Oy vey. (Also please excuse the fact that my toes are in desperate need of a pedicure). It hurts today. Putting on shoes for church hurt, so that was an experience. I’ve been walking around without shoes today, but I wasn’t aware of how often I moved my toes, until today. All movement hurts, so I’m trying to limit that. Hopefully, that stops hurting soon, and my toe will get back to normal!

No comments: