Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Renovations

I’m not sure if I’ve blogged about this before, because I blogged about a lot of things near the end of the world, but that’s ok. Before Christmas, Husband started to renovate the bathroom on our main floor. He just decided to, out of the blue, and he said he could do it cheaper than it would cost to hire someone. I’m sure that’s true and everything, but it just about sent me over the edge. The “2 weeks” it originally was going to take was almost 2 months – 2 months of the bathroom being out of commission, and 2 months of stuff permeating every inch of free space down there. Finally, we had to have the bathroom finished, having the baby shower last weekend, because that’s what people needed to use, plus no one wants things to look awful when you have strangers over! So finally, he finished, and it ended up looking really good. Of course, I didn’t even think to take ‘before’ pictures, so you’ll just have to settle for the ‘after’.

Bathroom

I took a panoramic pic of the bathroom, so you could see the whole thing at once, and one of the floor:

BathroomFloor

And now, it’s all finished, and finally, people can use it, and the house doesn’t smell like grout, or adhesive, or any of that stuff, and I’m so happy.

No comments: