Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A New Way In

About a hundred years ago (Maybe not literally, but it certainly feels that way) we ordered some new doors for our house. And what a process that was. We went in to the local hardware store, and ordered some doors, after comparing doors, prices, colors, windows, etc. After we ordered the doors, they told us they wouldn’t order them until they had someone come out and measure stuff. So, a guy came out a few days later, and measured stuff. After he was finished, he told me that we needed to go back in to do the order, which I thought was weird. Why not just complete it for us? So, we went in, and tried to get an employee to help us. That itself was ridiculous. We couldn’t get a single person to help us. We implored other departments to find us the door guy, we asked and asked and waited. Finally, after we had been there for a long time, we got the help of the carpet guy, who admitted he didn’t know what he was doing, so we had to come back in.

After we came back, we FINALLY got the door order placed. They told us it would take about 2 months for everything to come in. I had basically forgotten we had ordered doors until last week; they called us to let us know they were coming Monday to install the door. Since my sister is living with us, we left her at the house (that sounds like she’s our pet) to take care of it, since she didn’t have to do anything except just hang out while the guy installed them. It took him about 6 hours to install the two doors, and they are looking really good.

Door

See? Nice and fancy. Now, every time I see the door, because I am used to the white, I keep thinking the door is open or just not there, and it freaks me out for about a split second, until I remember. It’ll take me some time to get used to it, but I’m ok with that. I’m digging them.

No comments: