Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Tall Ladder

Today, as I was sitting here, playing some candy crush and watching TV, I got a text from Chelle, asking if I had a ladder, a long one. There’s a smoke alarm in her house, that’s really high, that was chirping with the battery dying. There are many ladders I have access to, either through them being at my house, or at my in-laws, or any of my sibling-in-laws. After sitting and discussing it for a while, Husband and I decided it might be a good idea to go look at her house, to get an idea of what we needed. We checked out the situation, and then went to get the ladder.

We strapped the ladder to the roof of the car, and then made our way over to her house again. After unloading it, and getting it inside, we found that one of the legs wasn’t quite right – there was a thing on the bottom, that you put down to stabilize it, it was broken. So, Husband stayed down there, holding it, while I climbed up.

VieveLadder I got up there, figured out how to get the smoke alarm off the wall, figured out how to get the door off, and replaced the battery.

VieveLadder1

And it worked! The smoke alarm has a new battery, and we were done. We put the ladder back on the roof, and were done for the night. I was flying high from the adrenaline of getting up that high, and it felt pretty good to have lived through.

No comments: