Saturday, January 11, 2014

Flourless Chocolate Cookies

Now, with Chelle’s food adventure that she’s been on, I’ve been exploring ways to make treats that she can enjoy. We all remember the brownies that I recently tried that weren’t a great hit, but I had high hopes with this one. I made the dough, and it looked really sticky. I put together two cookies, and it was really hard to keep them together, and I couldn’t really do anything with it except get it all over my hands. So I thought, I know what to do! And decided to mix up the recipe myself. I added about a half a cup of coconut flour, and about a quarter cup of oil, and mixed it up, and it looked a little better, I thought. I rolled the dough into balls, and then cooked them. When I pulled them out of the oven, they looked really good, and I was actually really excited to try them. So, I put half a cookie in my mouth, and...HOLY COW it was a moisture-sucker! Every single bit of moisture in my mouth was sucked dry; it was REALLY hard to eat the cookie. I tried a piece of the regular cookie, without my additions (because I still baked the two I got out) and wouldn’t you know, besides it being the crumbliest thing ever in the world, it was pretty good. Maybe I should have kept it the way it was, but I couldn’t get the cookie to work! But now, my lesson is learned. Don’t try to fix a recipe because it doesn’t look the way you think it will. Here’s a pic of the cookie:

Cookies

So now, I know how it works, and know how to make it better, and know well enough that if someone has made the recipe, maybe I should try theirs before I pretend I know better.

No comments: