Sunday, December 29, 2013

A New Kind of Brownies

My friend, Chelle, has been put on a special diet of late. She can’t eat dairy, soy, wheat, sugar, corn, or anything delicious, basically. So, for fun, I decided to try a new recipe – a sugar free, dairy free, gluten free brownie. I’m not going to put the recipe on here, because I don’t know of anyone that wants it, (if you do, hit me up in the comments, and I can post it, I suppose) but it contains pumpkin puree, eggs, almond milk, rice malt syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, coconut flour, unsweetened cocoa, cocoa nips, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine it all together, and it makes a brownie.
Brownies
Unfortunately, with no real binding agent here, the brownies wouldn’t stick together, so I had to just scoop them into a cupcake liner, and hope for the best.
Invidual
There was supposed to mousse to put on the top, and that had avocados, cocoa, almond milk, rice malt syrup, coconut oil and vanilla as well, but it was just so awful, I couldn’t subject other people to it. Eating it myself was bad enough.
So, the end result of the brownies is thus: they are very bitter. Not sweet at all. They’re not bad, not necessarily, but they’re just very...bland, bitter brownies. I have a few changes that I’m going to make the next time I make them, but for a first attempt into this kind of baking, I have to say, they’re not that bad.




1 comment:

Maleen said...

Kudos for even trying to make those. I have to admit, the ingredients don't sound that great. But you never can tell....