Friday, December 20, 2013

A Road Trip

Today, I took a sort of impromptu trip to Colorado. Chelle was going, and I went with her. It was a blast. We left at about 1:00 in the afternoon Friday, and arrived there before 5:00, so we made some pretty good time. The drive there was fun, we listened to a book on tape, The Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites. It was a good book, listening to it made the miles and the time fly. The drive was pretty scenic:

Drive

And finally, we made it to the border!
Colorado sign
we battled some fog on the way in, but other than that, no real weather mishaps. We watched a basketball game there, and it was fun, of course. A lot of yelling, and cheering, and good times ensued. I had myself a bag of popcorn as a treat, and Chelle had a pickle, and that just made me laugh. It was delicious though, I had a bite of one. We snapped a selfie during the game:

Selife

And before we knew it, it was time to head back. We hit the road again, and this time, we had some more fog, that made me nervous a little, but we made it back in one piece, just a little after midnight. It was an awesome trip, and it was just so fun and impromptu to just head to Colorado for a day and come back. Sadly, we didn’t get to finish our book on tape, but hopefully we’ll get to do that soon, because I just want to know how it ends!

No comments: