Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Mini Pumpkin Pies

I meant to post this last week, but the entries got away from me, so I am just going to do it this week. For Thanksgiving, I wanted to contribute to my dinners with a dessert – individual mini pumpkin pies. I found the recipe on Pinterest, of course, and finally made it. The recipe is as follows, if you’d like it:

1 15oz can of pumpkin
1 12oz can of evaporated milk
2 eggs
2 Tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup sugar
1/2tsp of salt
2 boxes of ready-made crust (how many you use will determine if you need three or all four)

You will also need a cookie cutter (or some sort of circle) that is about this much bigger than your muffin tin, both the regular and the mini one. Lightly spray your pans with cooking spray. Unroll your crust and cut out circles, lay the circle on top of the muffin hole and gently press down to the bottom. From there gently press the crusts to the sides, covering the whole muffin cup.

EmpyDough

Once I cut out as many circles as I can with the pre-rolled out dough, I combine it together and roll it out again and again. Combine sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt together with a whisk. Beat eggs and then slowly combine pumpkin and add sugar mixture to that. Once that is all combined, stir in the evaporated milk. I used a 1/3 cup measuring cup that wasn't quite full to fill the regular muffin cups. I used 1/4 cup measuring cup that wasn't quite full to fill each mini muffin cup.

FilledCups


Fill all your mini pie shells to just below level with muffin pan top. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes for the regular sized ones and 25-30 minutes for the mini ones. Check done-ness by putting a knife in the center, if it comes out mostly clean they are done.

BakedPies
Enjoy with some fresh whipped cream!

Now, it was pretty easy to make this, just very time consuming. I forgot to take a pic with the whipped cream on it, because come one, Thanksgiving is a busy day. But this is delicious! Make it next year, guys.

No comments: